is

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

When Confronted With A Promise


When Gabriel announced to Zacharias that he was going to be a father in his old age, this was his reaction:
And Zacharias said to the angel, “How shall I know this? For I am an old man, and my wife is well advanced in years.” Luke 1:18
Two fleshly things happen when we are confronted with what appears to be an impossible promise from God.
1. We seek a reassuring sign. “How shall I know this?”
2. We question God’s ability to see the promise through. “For I am an old man, and my wife is well advanced in years.”
Either one of the two will nullify the promise if left unchecked.

First, we live in the Spirit and walk by faith and not sight.  Secondly, when we question the capability of the one who spoke the world into existence, we diminish God the Almighty to nothing more than a myth.


When God reveals to you a promise in his Word, claim it immediately in the Spirit and reassure yourself of God’s might!

No comments:

Post a Comment