is

Search This Blog

Friday, July 19, 2019

When Must We Pray for Our Christian Bro. and Sis.?

The need to pray for other Christians, especial in the area of humility and pride, is expressed by Charles Spurgeon in one of his sermons.


“We often pray for Christians in adversity, and it is right that we should do so; but it is even more necessary to pray for Christians in prosperity, for they run the risk of gradually becoming soft, like Hannibal’s soldiers destroyed by Capuan holidays, who lost their valor in their luxury. Many a man who was an out-and-out Christian when he was lower down in life has, when prosperous, become much too great a gentleman to associate with those who were his honored Brothers and Sisters before.”–1891, Sermon 2217 from Spurgeon's Gems

Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain. Proverbs 30:8-9


Are you Spiritually at a standstill? Take the 31 Day Challenge and add fire to your devotional time. For His Glory: 31 Daily Meditation will help you. Check out this affordable eBook!