is

Search This Blog

Monday, May 25, 2020

You Want To Be A Pony Express Rider?


Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. 2 Peter 3:14

On a recent trip, Pat and I visited the Pony Express Museum and was impressed by the oath each rider had to make.  


Pony Express Oath: 
“I,………..,do hereby swear, before the Great and Living God, that during my engagement, and while an employee of Russell, Majors and Waddell, I will, under no circumstances, use profane language, that I will drink no intoxicating liquors, that I will not quarrel or fight with any other employee of the firm, and that in every respect I will conduct myself honestly, be faithful to my duties, and so direct all my acts as to win the confidence of my employers, so help me God.”

High standards for the "Wild West" time period. Good goals for every believer.